Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mexican Casserole

I feel like I have had a kitchen victory. I am finally, after a couple years of preparing meals, feeling confident enough to venture away from a recipe as written. I have begun some experimenting. This is one of the first meals that I have ever made without any kind of recipe to start from. Well, the first one that is tasty anyway...

3/4 c white rice
1/2 tsp chicken bullion granules
1/2 can rotel tomatoes (without juice)
garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper to taste
1 1/2c water
Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 min.

Brown 3/4 lb of ground beef
add the rest of the rotel tomatoes with juice
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of milk or water

Put rice into a casserole dish
Pour meat mixture over the top
Cover with shredded cheese
Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 min until cheese is melted and bubbling.

Timmarie and I liked it. Alivia really liked it. And Kevin was on the fence. But, he doesn't like to stray too much from the basics. So, it's considered a success in my book.


Photobucket

2 comments: