Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Comfort or the lack thereof

Have you ever noticed how the Lord is not satisfied with leaving us where we are? I must admit that sometimes, when the direction I feel Him leading looks scary, I just don't go there. I am content to stay where I am in the mediocre rather than step out in the the scary unknown. But, in His steadfast, never-wavering love for me, He will take me another route to the same scary destination. And no matter how many times I say, "no thanks", He is not deterred. This seems to be a recurring theme in my life: I feel the leading. I get scared. I don't follow through. Eventually I have no choice but to take His road and, guess what? Blessings abound. It leaves me shaking my head and wondering, "Why am I such a slow learner?? Why am I so afraid?"

Well, here I am again. In a place that, looking back, I can see the Lord may have been leading me for a while but I was too scared to recognize it.

Why am I such a slow learner?!?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. "No fanks."

    Isn't it great that He is faithful even when we are slow to learn.

    Maybe you're just a crock pot type learner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Dareth! :) I know how exactly how you feel. Seems like God has had me in a uncomfortable place for about 6 months now. I am trying to learn to embrace those times instead of rushing through them or begging to get out of them. Because it never fails that there are valuable treasures in the uncomfortableness (is that even word? lol).

    :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete