Saturday, January 19, 2013

support

sup·port [suh-pawrt, -pohrt] verb (used with object) 1.to bear or hold up (a load, mass, structure, part, etc.); serve as a foundation for. 2.to sustain or withstand (weight, pressure, strain, etc.) without giving way; serve as a prop for. 3.to undergo or endure, especially with patience or submission; tolerate. 4.to sustain (a person, the mind, spirits, courage, etc.) under trial or affliction: They supported him throughout his ordeal. 5.to maintain (a person, family, establishment, institution, etc.) by supplying with things necessary to existence; provide for: to support a family.

I have an amazing support system. One that I never take for granted, even if I don't say it enough! I have tried to write about this so many times, but I am so overwhelmed by the support in my life that I don't have words that can adequately express it. I have had seasons in my life where my support system held me up. They took me to the Rock over and over again when it seemed my foundation might crumble. They stood in the gap and interceded when the floods threatened my existence. They have sustained and withstood much pressure on my behalf and that of my children. They have had to tolerate much. Much. There are some who have provided sustenance- food, shelter, encouragement and prayer covering. And I have had countless individuals that have come alongside me to help maintain me as a woman, a mom and a Christian. To say I am blessed with an amazing support system feels like a gross understatement. I could live a thousand years and never feel as though I could express my gratitude. To those of you who walk with me day to day and those of you that have touched my life only once, I say a deep, heartfelt thank you. Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Support: I would shrivel up into the fetal position if not for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete