Thursday, November 24, 2011

Because Dareth is Right, We should be thankful

I gotta tell you, it's hard to get into the Holiday Spirit when trauma enters your life right beforehand. I feel like I am still reeling. I do not like living each day without Kaye here on earth. I have vacillated between anger, denial, and a desperate prayer that says, "Jesus, please come quickly."

I know the reality is that there is MUCH to be thankful for. So without further ado:

* Brody blowing kisses to Grandma K in Heaven. And then singing, "I love you - a bushel and a peck..." to Jesus.

* A daughter who loves fiercely and dramatically.

* Chris, who has been a rockstar, not only these past 2 1/2 weeks, but for the past (almost) 12 years. There's nothing better than knowing you are mine.

* My momma. It has meant so much to me that my mom acknowledges the huge influence of K on our lives. She could've been jealous. Instead, she has been grateful we had her and is sadden by our loss.

* My Dad. Words cannot describe what it has meant to watch him grandparent my children. Redemptive is too small a word.

* Great Is Thy Faithfulness, sung on a Sunday morning. A sweet reminder that He holds it all.

* The BEST girlfriends. We have had some sweet times! Fun road trips, silent prayers, telling looks - it's been a happy and hard year - birth, divorce, surgery, loss. I love the miracles we have seen, and I am saddened by the ones we asked for, but were withheld. But the Lord knew. He KNEW you were the people I would need to lock shields with. The many years I asked for close friends, you were all there, developing what is present today. I want to put you all in my pocket.

* My riches. I cannot even express how wealthy I feel. That my family would be graced to live in this country - it blows my mind. I really have no idea what financial struggle looks like when I measure it against the world.

* My God, who has been so GRACIOUS to require more of this daughter. He has made me take a look at who I had become, where my heart had hardened, and then offer forgiveness and an opportunity to do better. He has been a gentleman and shown me the Truth in a tender, loving way.

* My Sister. I don't know what to say except I love her.

* Hope. Because without it, I don't know how I could make it.

* Starbucks Skinny Peppermint Mocha. Because I am shallow and adore a 100 calorie drink.

* Black Friday. Because I like texting Brandy and Dareth excessively and buying cheap pajamas.

* Kaye. And her family. They are SO MUCH HER. They radiate Jesus.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love you, friend. You (and Dareth) are right. There is MUCH to be thankful for. And you guys are high on my list.

    ReplyDelete