Monday, January 2, 2012

Miss B

I have known Miss B since she was in first grade or so. Maybe second grade. All I know is that she is 18 now, so I've know her a long time. I had her in the first kid's church class I taught. I prayed with her as she came up through the youth group. I've cheered her on as she traveled to Africa on her first missions trip. And I have served youth alongside her. And I've watched her serve my son as a habilitation worker.

I've watched and prayed as this young girl transformed into a beautiful woman. I've watched her suffer through some personal stuff, only to see her accept it's purpose in relating to the people of Africa. I've watched her give to friendships that have cost her heart. I've witness someone who is willing to wrestle anything and everything out with the God of the universe and come out with authenticity, peace, and more passion for her Savior.

Miss B isn't cut from the same cloth as most 18 year olds of her time. She embraces the awkward, isn't concerned about her image, and just loves, well, EVERYONE. B proves that young people can turn this world around! She makes me want to be a better servant of Christ, a better mom, and a better friend. I want to be like her when I grow up!

Miss B is beginning a new journey this week: a journey that takes her away from her physical location. She is about to have a grand adventure as she follows after the Lord. To say that I am proud of her is a gross understatement. She is loving and serving and following all while feeling the riskiness of it all, and she is going anyway.

Miss B is a treasure to our family. She has gifted us with her love, her patience, and her kindness. She has loved Brody sweetly and hysterically and has been such a phenomenal example to our daughter. And she has been a good friend to me. We have had such rich conversations that I will treasure throughout this life.

Miss B, your life is a testimony of the beauty of God. As you embark on this next chapter, know that you are bring covered in prayer and thought of each day. Thank you for always being you - your authenticity is a gift to those who know you and those who you will meet. I look forward to some skype lunch dates and just hearing about all God is teaching you. You are such an example to your nieces and nephews - what is more important for them to know than to follow the Lord whole heartedly? You amaze me, my friend. And I am certain Gma is bragging to the crowd of witnesses she is a part of, telling Abraham, Moses, and Rahab that "that's my grandaughter!" You remind me of her so much, just like your mama does. What a legacy!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm waaaaay behind on my blog reading, so I am just now getting to this one.

    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

    With tears streaming down my face...I couldn't agree more. Miss her so much already. We are incredibly blessed to be a part of her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just saw your comment. So clearly, I'm on top of things! I am so excited to hug her neck soon. I think a group hug is in order.

    ReplyDelete