Thursday, January 27, 2011

A decade

I saw this idea on Elizabeth's page. I thought I would give it a try. My life has changed in so many ways over the past 10 years. I need to see it on paper (or on the screen as it may be).

2000-Bought a house with my best friend Brandy. Two single women with budding careers making our way in the world. This is the year that I really began building a relationship with Christ. This is the year that Timmarie and I met.

2001-Helped Brandy plan her wedding. We "Rocked the Reception" before it was coined. Contemplated how precious life is as we watched the twin towers fall on air.

2002-Fell in love. Got engaged. And met, for the first time, the family I now call friends- who live not close enough for my taste. Co-taught a teen girls bible study with Timmarie. Realized that I wanted her to become a life-long friend. Got the call that Addison had pushed her way into the world.

2003- Prepared for the fact that my future husband would probably be sent to war. Sold our house. Got married. Watched our country go to war and waited on pins and needles for "the call". Watched as my nephew, Gabriel, came into this world and moved straight into my heart.

2004-Began to understand what people meant when they told me marriage is hard. Went to marriage counseling. Came to rely on the Lord in ways I never had to before. Saw the Lord's hand move mightily in my life.

2005-Got the call that Brody was on his way. Wondered why I was always out of town when Timm had her babies...Discovered I was pregnant and became a little obsessed with all things fetal. Had a beautiful baby girl, finally agreed on a name, and discovered that all my years of training and experience had not prepared me one bit for motherhood.

2006-Became a stay at home mom. Sent my husband across the country to train for war. Tried to offer support to a friend when her world flipped upside down. Celebrated my baby girl turning one.

2007-Sent my husband to war and layed my fears at the Lords feet-repeatedly. Sat with my baby girl in the hospital while she struggled to breathe. Had my character built in more ways than I can count. Welcomed Brandy's second baby boy and had a blast watching the cousins get to know each other. Contemplated buying a house. Had an anxiety attack. Decided it wasn't the right time :)

2008-Welcomed my husband home. Transitioned from a family of 2 to a family of 3. Alivia got to know her dad with much trepidation. Kevin took a job across the state. Got a middle of the night call that rocked my world. Brandy's second son had passed away. Walked with my dearest friends through their darkest days. Knew my life had changed forever. I went back to work part time. Began training to teach military couples on the strong bonds of marriage. During this training, I discovered I was pregnant.

2009-Became the primary breadwinner-on a very small part time income. Experienced more stress than I should have tried to bear. My water broke prematurely and we welcomed a very small but very healthy son into our family. Tried to adjust to life as a family of 4. Discovered head knowledge does not equal heart knowledge. After much prayer and trepidation, I asked Kevin for a separation.

2010-Fought hard for my marriage. Learned a lot of hard lessons about the Character of God. Said goodbye to a brother-in-law and friend. Went to marriage counseling. Had my world rocked in ways I had hoped would never be. Watched the metaphorical house of cards fall. After much prayer, filed for divorce. Began to readjust to life as a family of 3.

My wish for 2011 is that I continue to grow in my relationship with the Lord and that I never grow cold to His unfailing faithfulness. Even in my darkest, loneliest day over the past 10 years, He has been with me. He is my comforter, my protector and ALWAYS has my best interest at heart. I hope that 2011 has less hard lessons. But even if it doesn't, I trust that my God is the same. Yesterday, Today and Forever.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Amazing how a decade can be condensed into such a short post, but be completely filled with the Lord's faithfulness. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully written posting. You are so very courageous to walk through the last ten years AGAIN! I am not sure I can do that nor do it so eloquantly! You are a beautiful writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this post no less than a hundred times. It's like a psalm - God is just all over it!
    I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete